OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
COVID-19 RESPONSE PLAN
At Colony, our mission has always been to elevate your experience at work and that means making sure that we provide a safe environment for you when you come to work. So when we sat down to put new safety measures in place, we went beyond just the guidelines.
Before we opened our doors on the 4th of May 2020, our team has been fully-focused on getting our centres up to standard and making it ready to welcome you during this new norm. So, we’ve made some new changes to all our centres and the way we operate to ensure the safety of everyone who walk through our doors - including our guests, visitors and employees under our wing.
The safety of our guests and visitors has always been our top priority, and that’s why we felt it was important for us to share with you the safety measures and protocols that have been implemented into our daily operations. Here are the changes that we’ve been implementing since the beginning of the Movement Control Order (MCO) till date:
Adjusting seating arrangement, introducing virtual tours and communicating the latest COVID-19 updates to our guests and visitors.
Adjust seating arrangements
· Our Community Managers have re-adjusted seating arrangements at our common areas, meeting rooms and high traffic areas to ensure the safe practices of social distancing are being complied. This includes the removal of seats at the Hot Desk and Reserved Desk areas for larger distance between workstations.
COVID-19 Tracker Notice Boards
· Notice boards are placed in and around our centres with live updated information related to the COVID-19 outbreak. We rely on official and verified sources of information released by the Ministry of Health, Malaysia and the Director General of Health.
Clear Communication Channels
· We’ve created a dedicated Twitter account to inform and update all guests and followers on news related to the COVID-19 outbreak specifically related to Colony.
Creation of Virtual Tours
· We have created Virtual Tours for all locations prior to the MCO announcement on 18 March 2020. Virtual Tours of our spaces are available for guests who are interested to experience our spaces but are not able to do so due to the national Movement Control Order. You can request for our virtual tour by filling in your details here.
Increased our frequency and intensity of our hygiene and sanitary measures.
Protective Equipment Available
· We have hand sanitisers and disposable face masks available at the Concierge for our guests. These face masks are available for guests who may have runny noses from existing sinus conditions and for high-priority guests such as pregnant women, children and guests with underlying medical conditions.
Frequent Sanitization & Disinfecting high-touch surfaces
· Our team has increased the frequency and intensity of our hygiene and sanitary measures, including and not limited to: garbage disposal, cleaning, disinfecting door handles, handrails, lockers, washrooms, front desks, and business equipments at all common areas, and changing hand soaps and dishwashing liquids to antibacterial formulations.
Temperature Screenings & Contact Tracing
· Temperature screening for all guests and visitors who visit our space are recorded along with contact details in accordance to the guidelines from the Ministry of Health.
COMING SOON: Motion-activated Hand Sanitizers
· Motion-activated stations will be placed at our entrances and high traffic areas. These hand sanitizer will reduce minimal contact whenever in use.
Understanding that it will be a difficult period for all our stakeholders, Colony has put down initiatives in place to ensure all our employees, vendors, and partners are taken care of.
Pre-paying our contractors, vendors and hourly workers
· Colony continues to pay for their labour costs and have provided an upfront payment to a few vendors to help navigate their businesses as well. We’ve also ensured that our cleaners who checked in to work during the MCO were paid on time and has provided free meals delivered to reduce risk of infection.
Advanced Salary For All Staff
· All employees are paid with advance salaries before the first day of the Movement Control Order (MCO) to ensure sufficient funds to purchase daily necessities enough to weigh through the MCO period.
No Layoffs or Salary / Annual Leave Deductions
· No layoffs, salary cuts or deduction of any benefits or annual leaves were imposed to our employees at Colony. We’ve ensured and communicated with all staff on clear response and action plans for all departments, given the circumstance on each situation.
Implemented Work-from-Home (WFH) Protocol
· Post-MCO, we still strongly encourage employees working back-of-the house to work from home if they’re able to during the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO), to reduce risk of infection.
Virtual Workouts & Hangout Sessions
· Throughout MCO, we’ve checked in with employees, hosted weekly virtual workouts and e-hangout sessions with our team members to ensure employee wellbeing.
THE 'FUTURE' OF EVENTS
Making changes to the way we host events and introducing the future of events - virtual.
· Catering services will be considered according to the number of people attending for the event and pre-packed foods are a new available option that everyone can choose from. Buffets are strictly prohibited and bottled drinks will be provided during the event.
Visitor Registration System
· All visitors are required to undergo a temperature screening and registering their contact details at our Concierge. Any participant with high body temperature or showing any symptoms of COVID-19 will be denied access to our spaces.
. This list, in the event of a risk of a suspected case within Colony, will assist the Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre (CPRC) with their efforts to minimize the spread by contacting the people who may have had close contact with the suspected individual.
Creation of Webinar Packages
· During this pandemic, we understand events must still go on, but virtually. We’ve partnered up with professional webinar providers to help you host a professional webinar that is tailored and customizable to your brand and purpose. Find out more here.
Re-arranged Furniture Layout & Social Distancing Measurements
· We have reduced the capacity of our meeting rooms and arranged the layout of our furniture in common areas according to the compulsory guideline. All visitors or attendees of any events must maintain a distance of 1 (one) metre from each other.
. Visitors or event attendees are required to wear their face masks throughout the entirety of the event depending on the number of participants.
All events held at our event spaces will adhere to the social distancing guideline, below are some example of recommended seating arrangements:
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Moving forward, we’re continuing to monitor the situationWhile we’re taking every precaution to keep all our guests safe, we’re acutely aware of and highly prepared for the possibility of a second wave.
In the event that there is a reported case of COVID-19 in any of our locations and you were potentially in contact with the individual, you’ll be notified immediately. And our COVID Guidance & Safeguard Procedure will immediately be triggered (more about our COVID guidance procedure here.)
Whether you plan to join us at our coworking spaces, or feel more comfortable staying home, we’re here for you. If you have questions or concerns, do reach out to us on our live chat or email us at [email protected], we're happy to provide any clarifications or assistance.
BOOK A PRIVATE VIEWING
Interested? Our team will reach out to you!
Book a private viewing and let our specialists design a plan based on your lifestyle needs!