TO ALL GUESTS AT COLONY,
CIRCULAR: MALAYSIA MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER IN EFFECT 18 – 31 MARCH 2020
On 16 March 2020, the Malaysian Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced in live broadcast that the whole of Malaysia will be placed under a nationwide Movement Control Order (MCO)
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: The information provided in this document is meant to advise on the steps being taken within Colony and is not meant as official advisory guidelines to supersede or override the advisories or warnings issued by the Ministry of Health, Malaysia, the Government of Malaysia and the World Health Organization.
The Government has decided to implement the Movement Control Order, from 18 March 2020 to 31 March 2020, throughout the country. This control order is made under the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988 and the Police Act 1967. This Movement Control Order includes;
- The general prohibition of mass movements and gatherings across the country including religious, sports, social and cultural activities. To enforce this prohibition, all houses of worship and business premises should be closed, except for supermarkets, public markets, grocery stores and convenience stores selling everyday necessities. Specifically, for Muslims, the adjournment of all religious activities in mosques and mosques including Friday prayers is in line with the decision of the Special Mental Health Committee meeting on March 15, 2020.
- The sanctions cover all Malaysians traveling abroad. For those who have just returned from overseas, they are required to undergo a health check and to do a quarantine (or self-quarantine) for 14 days.
- Restrictions on the entry of all tourists and foreign visitors into the country.
- Closure of all kindergartens, government and private schools including daily schools, boarding schools, international schools, tahfiz centers and other primary, secondary and pre-university institutions.
- Closure of all public and private higher education institutions (IPTs) and skills training institutes nationwide.
- Closure of all government and private premises except those involved in essential services (water, electricity, energy, telecommunications, postal, transportation, irrigation, oil, gas, fuel, lubricants, broadcasting, finance, banking, health, pharmacy, fire, prison, port, airport, safety, defense, cleaning, retail and food supply.
- MCO Hotline operated by the government: +6038882010 (available from 17 March 2020 at 12 Noon GMT+0800)
We wanted to keep you posted on what this mean for you and your access to our services provided at Colony while the MCO is in effect.
We do understand that some of our guests fall under the Essential Services category (see Page 1) and you may need to continue working. Access to all private offices and reserved desks will be unaffected but our common areas will be closed during this period.
Please take the necessary precautionary measures if you need to continue working and accessing your office, and refer to the COVID-19 Guidance and Safeguards circular that was sent on 12 March 2020. An online version of this circular is available here.
This is a constantly developing situation, and we are closely monitoring the developments to ensure that we get the information out to you as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, please follow our dedicated Twitter Channel for updates and news related to the COVID-19 outbreak specifically related to Colony. This is a Twitter channel that does not require a registered Twitter profile and can be viewed across all devices and platforms. Please visit @colonyupdates
If you have any questions that we can help to answer, please speak to our Senior Community Managers at your Colony location (contacts below) or you can also contact me personally at [email protected]
|Colony Location||Senior Community Manager|
|Colony @ KLCC, Jalan Kia Peng||Alan Woo (+60174065886)|
|Colony @ KL Eco City||Patricia Ho (+60192211052)|
|Colony @ KL Sentral, Q Sentral||June Wee (+60126298820)|
|Colony @ Mutiara Damansara, KYM Tower||Vanessa Kwan (+60 122201320)|
|Colony @ Star Boulevard, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng||Ryan van Weiringen (+60173992910) |
Sharlyn Wong (+601126112611)
Please stay safe during this time, and we look forward to welcoming all of you back to Colony again on 1 April 2020 or when the nationwide Movement Control Order is officially lifted.
Always at Your Service,