TO ALL GUESTS AT COLONY,
CIRCULAR: CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) GUIDANCE & SAFEGUARDS AT COLONY
Due to the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), which was declared a public health emergency by the World Health Organisation (WHO) on 30th January 2020, Colony has implemented safeguards and taken additional steps to minimise its potential impact on our guests and members of our team.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: The information provided in this document is meant to advise on the steps being taken within Colony and is not meant as official advisory guidelines to supersede or override the advisories or warnings issued by the Ministry of Health, Malaysia, the Government of Malaysia and the World Health Organization.
We wanted to keep you posted on the measures that we have taken and on recent protocol measures that we have made to minimise this impact;
- Increased our frequency and intensity of our hygiene and sanitary measures including and not limited to; garbage disposal, cleaning, sanitizing door handles and handrails at all common areas and washrooms, changing hand soaps and dishwashing liquids to anti-bacterial formulations.
- Availability of hand sanitizers and a limited supply of disposable face masks at the Concierge. These face masks are available for guests who may have runny noses from existing sinus conditions (i.e. having similar COVID-19 symptoms but do not have a fever or breathing difficulties) and for high-priority guests such as pregnant women, children and guests with underlying medical conditions (e.g. diabetes, cardiovascular disease and respiratory conditions)
- Temperature screening for all guests and visitors will begin as soon as the non-contact temperature sensors arrive in our centres and we target for these items to arrive no later than 27th March 2020.
- Updated notice board areas in and around our centres with information and news related to the COVID-19 outbreak. We rely on official and verified sources of information released by the Ministry of Health, Malaysia and the Director General of Health.
- Compliance with the Building’s screening requirements where applicable and working closely with the Building Management teams that our Colony centres are located in.
- Implemented a visitor registration system. For the safety and security of our guests, we will require all visitors to register at our Concierge. This list, in the event of a risk of suspected case within Colony, will assist the Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre (CPRC) with their efforts to minimize the spread by contacting the people who may have had close contact with the suspected individual.
- Created a dedicated communication platform for updates and news related to the COVID-19 outbreak specifically related to Colony. This is a Twitter channel that does not require a registered Twitter profile and can be viewed across all devices and platforms.
Please visit https://twitter.com/ColonyUpdate
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- For each guest account at Colony, there is a nominated Emergency Contact Person. If you do not know who the Emergency Contact Person for your company is, please speak to your HR or Direct Manager to clarify. If you are the main person in contact for your company, but you are unsure about the Emergency Contact Person, please speak to a member of our team at the Concierge to update your records immediately.
- If you are above the age of 60 or if you have an underlying medical condition like diabetes, cardiovascular disease or a respiratory condition, please speak to a member of our team at the Concierge to let us know, and extra precautionary measures will be prioritized for you.
- If you or a member of your team is feeling unwell, we highly encourage that alternative remote working options (e.g. work from home), or that they take medical leave.
- If you or a member of your team are experiencing symptoms of a dry cough, difficulty in breathing and a fever of body temperature above 37.3 - 38 °C;
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- using this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website;
- based on the Ministry of Health advisories, if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please seek immediate medical attention at the nearest clinic or hospital, and ensure that you wear a face mask and gloves to minimize the risk to others. Please also refer to next steps below.
- The symptoms started showing only while you or a member of your team was at work at Colony. The person should;
- 1. Cover their face with a tissue, and immediately request a face mask from our Concierge team
- 2. A quarantine room will be prepared to isolate the individual while the CPRC will be contacted, and CPRC will advise the next steps. (This quarantine room will be closed off and deep sanitization will be done)
- The symptoms started showing symptoms only while you or a member of your team was at home (not in a Colony location).
- 1. The person should follow the MOH guidelines and seek immediate medical attention at the nearest clinic or hospital.
- 2. Access to Colony and the buildings we are located in will be restricted for the safety of our guests, our team members and the general public.
- 3. Please notify the Senior Community Managers in your centre as soon as possible.
- If you or a member of your team is confirmed by the medical practitioners to have been tested positive for COVID-19, please notify the Senior Community Managers in your centre as soon as possible.
- If you or a member of your team is planning on or is traveling overseas, please check the latest information on affected areas and any travel health notices and to inform our Senior Community Managers of your travels abroad. Travellers returning from affected areas should self-monitor for symptoms or perform a self-quarantine recommended by MOH.
- • As soon as our team has been notified that one of our guests has tested positive for COVID-19, these are the internal Emergency Response Plan (ERP) protocols that we will immediately activate;
- Identify the centre where the guest is based at.
- Contact all listed Emergency Contact Persons for each company/guest of that Centre by phone within a maximum of 2 hours to notify them that a guest at their centre has tested positive, and they have the option to work from another Colony location while the centre is closed for deep sanitization.
- A list of alternative work locations in other Colony centres will be provided, and our team will assign and coordinate these temporary workspaces for you and your team for move-in at least by the next working day.
- Immediately dispatch our support partners to perform the deep sanitization and disinfection of the affected centre.
- The closure of the centre may take up to 4 days depending on the availability and speed of this process.
- Guests who were in close contact with the confirmed case (MOH defines close contact as being within a 1 metre distance of the infected person for a minimum of 15 minutes) will be contacted by the CPRC by phone and may be required to perform testing.
- The location and details of the testing centre will be notified by the CPRC during that phone call, and further instructions will be provided.
- If you or a member of your team has not been contacted within 4-5 days, and you feel like you may have been a close contact with the confirmed case, please contact the CPRC Hotline at +603 8881 0200/0600/0700 immediately to inform them that you might be a close contact and to request that testing be done.
- If you or a member of your team exhibits any of the symptoms of COVID-19, it is recommended that you seek immediate medical attention. Please refer to page 2 for what to do next under the section “How can you help?”
- Live updates related to Colony during this scenario will be posted at @colonyupdates
- If you are part of a company that has their offices here at Colony and you are not listed as the Emergency Contact Person (please speak to your HR or Direct Manager to clarify who this might be), please contact your nominated Emergency Contact Person to reconfirm working arrangements and you can also follow the live updates on @colonyupdates
- A health advisory issued by the Director of General of Health, Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, on 5th March 2020 which states the following:
- o “To avoid unnecessary panic and anxiety at workplaces when a confirmed or suspected case is identified amongst the employees, MOH advises organisations that it is unnecessary to close work premises. It is adequate to conduct more intensive cleaning and disinfection at common areas, particularly at frequently touched surfaces. Individuals identified as close contacts by MOH will undergo health screening. MOH advises individuals identified as close contacts to remain calm and to cooperate fully in providing accurate information when contacted. At the same time, the public is requested not to spread or disseminate unverified information that can cause unnecessary panic and anxiety to the community”
WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMEONE IN COLONY IS CONFIRMED TO HAVE COVID-19?
WHY WILL COLONY TEMPORARILY NEED TO BE CLOSED WHEN THERE IS A CONFIRMED CASE OF ONE OF OUR GUESTS OR TEAM MEMBER? Colony will need to temporarily closed for up to 4 days depending on the availability and speed of the intensive cleaning and disinfection of the spaces which includes (and is not limited to); complete wipe down of all surface areas with disinfectants, and aerial misting with disinfectants. This will be done not just in common areas, but all private office areas as well.
- Once the office sanitization has been completed, the Emergency Contact Persons will be notified of the earliest access possible, and an update will be posted at @colonyupdates
If you have any questions that we can help to answer, please speak to our Senior Community Managers at your Colony location or you can also contact me personally at [email protected]
|Colony Location||Senior Community Manager|
|Colony @ KLCC, Jalan Kia Peng||Alan Woo|
|Colony @ KL Eco City||Patricia Ho|
|Colony @ KL Sentral, Q Sentral||June Wee|
|Colony @ Mutiara Damansara, KYM Tower||Vanessa Kwan|
|Colony @ Star Boulevard, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng||Ryan van Weiringen and Sharlyn Wong|
Always at Your Service,